Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOL file's for beginners~IRALR

3 posters

Go down

SOL file's for beginners~IRALR Empty SOL file's for beginners~IRALR

Post by IRALR 8/23/2008, 10:58

Well this tutorial is for those who don't really get exactly how sols work, or what an sol is or how you use them in LR
Whats a .sol file?

It's where all your LR tracks are going to be saved. You need this file to collab with people all over the world.
(It's a lot cheaper then geting a plane ticket just to hand over the track for the next person to go this way xD)

Where is the file?
The File is in a different place depending on lots of different things.
If you're using standalone it will be in a folder called localhost
If you're playing online it will be different based on what site your on.
It's also is different Depending on the operating system.
I'll go into more detail on how to get there in a second Smile

VISTA
Here's how to get to the file manualy
1. Click Start, and then click 'Computer'.
2. Click on your ( C: ) Drive.
3. Now click on 'Users'. Find your username, and click it.
4. You should see a folder called 'AppData'. Click it.
5. You will see a couple of files. Click the folder 'Roaming'.
6. Click the folder 'Macromedia', and then 'Flash Player'.
7. Then click the folder called '#SharedObjects'. After that, click on the folder, which has the name of random numbers and letters.
8. A few folders will come out. Some folders have websites that you have used flashplayer on, for example, www.youtube.com . Click 'localhost'.
9. There you have it. The .sol file should be named as savedlines.sol, or it's something that you named yourself.
If AppData Doesn't show up you have to click search, and click view hidden files.
Thats what you do for standalone, if you're using an online site in the folder with all the random letters that had localhost in it, find the folder that says the site you use to play linerider.
Once you've found the folder, make a shortcut for the folder, and drag that onto your desktop, so you won't have to go through this again Smile

If you want to bring someone elses track, and work on it. First go to the folder you use, change the name of the savedLines file already in there to whatever you want, preferably something that you'll remember what track is on it. Then after you've renamed the file, drag the sol you want to work on into the folder. Make sure it's called savedLines Exactly and open up LR. The Track you want to work on should be there Smile

F.A.Q.

Q:How do i open the sol?
A: You don't open the file, just move the file you want into the folder for either standalone or online

Q: The sol loaded properly but for some reason, bosh crashed in the middle, why?
A: Theres a couple of reason this could've of happened. Either One you're playing windows to mac, that crashes because the physics are actully different depending on the Operating System. Another Reason is that You might be playing on different versions, Where you might be trying to load it on 6.2, but he might've done it on 6.1, or Silverlight. In the different versions, the physics are different too Smile
Another Reason is that you might've just accidently erased a line that you needed to live. Remember to save a lot Smile

Q: What Should i use to upload the sol?
A: Any file uploader should work just fine, but i recommend Mediafire, it's fast, and you don't need an account to upload things. There are other file sites on the internet i just prefer MediaFire. Or if you don't want any other person to even have a chance of seeing it, In MSN messenger You can send files to other people directly from it.

Well Thanks For your Time, I hope this helps lots of people who don't get sols, or are used to a mac, but they have to find out for PC. If Someone needs an sol tutorial for Macs i'll add for macs too Smile
~IRALR
IRALR
IRALR
learning to ride

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/ottodu1

Back to top Go down

SOL file's for beginners~IRALR Empty Re: SOL file's for beginners~IRALR

Post by linerider_dude321 8/23/2008, 16:50

nice job thread stickied Wink
linerider_dude321
linerider_dude321
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by IRALR 8/23/2008, 16:52

Okay you made me feel happy Smile
Thanks for the sticky by the way =)
IRALR
IRALR
learning to ride

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/ottodu1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLinesIRide 11/12/2008, 03:29

mac tut pl0x. my laptop is mac but home pc is windows, so i need a mac one in case..
TheLinesIRide
TheLinesIRide
line dude

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum